Papagayo: All the fixes
With the animation I’m working on I want some help breaking down the lip movements that Bamboo is going to have to make while talking. I saw that Synfig has support for loading Papagayo lip sync files so I took a look at the 2.0, C++ version of the project and saw it was quite abandoned.
I decided to incorporate a bunch of the great fixes to the software over the years, as well as a tweak of my own, to the all-the-fixes branch on my forked repo. And, to make sure it’s working as intended, I created a lip sync from my animatic audio in the forked version:
…and loaded it into Synfig:
I’m not looking to become a hardcore maintainer of Papagayo. I just want it working well enough for my animation work. If you want to help keep it going, pull requests are best!
Update: I found the Python-based 1.x fork called Papagayo-NG which seems better maintained and has AppImages. I may try this one out as well. The project is also more active than the original one.